Monday, August 24, 2009

My Sweet Boy

Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So, what are we, helpless? Puppets? Nah. The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts.

That's when you find out who you are.

-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Becoming, Part Two (Season 2, episode 22)


I'm saying goodbye to Spike on Thursday. He's ready to go, even if I'm not quite ready to let him. It's the least I can do for a soul that has given me so much. He's taken so many of the bad things and carried them himself. I'm just now realizing this, and I wish I had more time to thank him.


He was loved by everyone, and he will be missed by everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love. Validation. Reason for living. Confirmation that I am not, in fact, a lunatic. Ok, that might be stretching it.