Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fun Gone Bad: The Meme Continues

Alrighty. So the chicas over at The Twiangle tagged me in the Twitarded meme. I actually answered the questions in the comments over at Twitarded, but I'll do it again with spellcheck and actually put some thought into them this time. Plus, I've sent them to my bff Leighann who is my partner in Twi-crime even though she doesn't read this blog or any other blog (except for the crap that I e-mail her and say READ THIS BITCH!). Our adventures make for some good writin', and even though she's the one who stays at home taking care of the kid all day, I do all the leg work. I'm not bitter or anything...and now that she actually has internet access (I know, right? Unbelievable.) I may strong arm her into guest posting. But don't doubt her devotion to all things Twi. She photoshops my face into pictures of Rob, sends me texts at midnight that say "Rob says goodnight," she went to the mall with me to heckle PFach (she tells me to stay off her Kool-Aid when I make mention of his extreme hawtness), and she'll be drinkin' right alongside me at midnight on November 20. I lovers her.

Ok. Done making out with Leighann. Let's get this meme rolling, shall we?

I'll go first.

1) What is the craziest/most stupid thing you've ever done (that's you'd be willing to share!)?

I've been struggling with this one. Because I've done a lot of crazy/stupid things. Everything that I did the first time I went to the UK comes to mind. We had a hotel scavenger hunt at 2:00 in the morning and stole everything from a silver tea service to all the light bulbs in the hallways. We ran up a $400 bar tab in the hotel bar one night. I got in a fight with a girl from Minnesota who kept rambling on and on to me about feminism. I kinda remember telling her that I didn't come all the way to London to listen to a hairy underarmed bitch from Minnesota.


2) One of my personal favorite games: Fuck, Marry, Kill. With the Twilight cast. I can't wait to read these! (Or "Eff, Marry, Kill" if you don't have my potty mouth.)

This one is easy for me. Fuck Carlisle (Sorry Leighann. But I would. And it would be great. You can watch if you want). Marry Edward (Cliched, I know. But it's Edward! I would convince him to get some ink and start cussing). Kill Phil (Hear me out. If I kill Phil, then Bella will never move to Forks, will never meet Edward, and I don't have to kill her. I kind of like her, so that works out well for everyone involved.)

3) What is your favorite band/type of music?

My favorite band is Guster, followed closely by Better Than Ezra. I've seen both live more times than I can count. Guster rocks because when they come to town they usually play 2 nights in a row, which equals two days of uninterrupted bliss for Meggles. And I love, love, love Brian, their drummer. He is a god. In fact, his nickname is Thunder God. The first time I met him, I didn't say hi. I said, "Hey, my horse's name means Thunder Duke in German. Like Thunder God. Like they call you." He looked at me like I was absolutely insane (astute observation on his part).

Other bands I dig: The Flaming Lips, Band of Horses, Soul Coughing/Mike Doughty, Modest Mouse, Gomez, Iron and Wine, TV On The Radio, Butch Walker/Marvelous 3, etc., etc., etc.

4) What is your favorite movie besides Twilight?

I love old Disney cartoons about animals (I hate princess movies), like The Fox and The Hound, Robin Hood, The Aristocats...and I love Lilo and Stitch.

Also: Empire Records, Pirates of the Caribbean, Can't Hardly Wait, Clerks...

I don't have a long attention span, and watch more TV than movies. I try to get to the theater a couple of times a month with my buddy Justin. The last two great movies we saw were Whip It and Where The Wild Things Are. Both were fantastic.

5) Do your RL family/friends know you're addicted to Twilight? A blogger?

They know, but I don't think they realize the extent. My mom was telling me yesterday how she saw New Moon calendars at the mall, but didn't buy me one because she thought I may be "over it" by January. Pfffffffffttt! I have expressed to her my need for the Robward duvet cover, and Leighann texted her this epic photoshopped picture last night, but I think she's in denial that her almost 30 year old daughter with an English degree and decent job spends an inordinate amout of time on this shit. Whatevs.





6) How many hours a week do you spend doing Twi related things? You know, blogging, looking at pictures of the cast, reading fan fiction, etc.

If I think about it I may feel bad for everything else in my life. I have an intense fear of becoming a "crazy cat lady" and fan fiction may catapult me into that realm.


7) Any random fact you might want to share. Big or small, it doesn't matter.


My life is a litany of random facts. Here's a few:


*I have 2 pitbulls who I love dearly (Ruca and Turtle). I try to be an advocate for the breed--they are unfairly stereotyped.

*I've ridden horses since I was really little. All through high school and college, I was a working student, riding up to 4 horses a day and showing almost every weekend.

*My horse Jack is my heart and soul. I bought him after seeing a video of him and had him flown here from Germany. His registered name is Donnersun. ;-)

*My brother works for a high-ranking ACC college basketball team and one of my favorite things to do is go to games.

*I am getting certified in reiki, I use a pendulum on a daily basis, and I practice energy healing on my animals.

*I wrote my master's thesis on the Cultural and Economic Impact of the Mule in the American South.

*I have a portfolio of poetry as a result of my creative writing degree, but I'm too chicken shit to do anything with it.

*I'm a wordy bitch.

I could go on and on with the weirdness, but I'll spare you.

And now I present to you my wonderful, fantastic, super, unbelievable, enabling, wears socks with capri-pants best friend, Leighann!

I'm not retyping the questions, so follow along carefully.

1) Going dirtbike riding down railroad tracks, wearing flip flops and shorts. Oh yeah, did I mention I was riding on the back? Yeah, muffler burns, sore legs and butt cheeks. Fun GONE BAD!

2) Fuck: Emmett
Marry: Carlisle
Kill: The Cafe Waitress

3) No yo yo bullshit, except BIGGIE! Woot. And all country singers can go play in traffic.

4) The Haunted Airman--Rob gets a sponge bath, yo! [note from Meg: Seriously, bitch? lmao]

5) First of all, I don't blog! I got a kid! haha But kudos to all of you who take the time. And as far as this "addiction," I don't have one! I feel that saying "addicted" means there's a problem. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! I'M COOL! Thanks!

6) Not sure. Periodically my phone will go "ding" and something Twi-related pops up. Always a good surprise!

7) I am currently perfecting my crop and paste technique so I can make family portraits (Meg and Rob) of the newlyweds. Rob will find out in due time.

See, unlike me, she's brief and to the point. That's why I keep her around. ;)

So there you have it. That's us in a butshell (I meant nutshell but typed butshell, and it made me giggle so I went with it). My potential baby-daddy/voice of reason/best friend Brad creeped up on us doing this and said he wanted to answer the questions too. I've e-mailed them to him and may post them later if he promises to be cool and leave work early on the 19th so we can get to the theater at 4:00 (he's babysitting).

This is epically long, but that's how I roll. I don't think there's anyone left to tag, so if you want to be tagged, tag yourself. Self-pleasure is always the best. Unless you're being pleasured by Inkward. And make sure you check out The Twiangle. They make me giggle on a daily basis, and Rob's Swiss Miss and I are working on a Haunted Airman project that everyone should be involved with. More on that later.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love. Validation. Reason for living. Confirmation that I am not, in fact, a lunatic. Ok, that might be stretching it.