Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Monkey Man


Halloween didn't quite turn out to be the event that we were hoping for. We were going to do a Wizard of Oz theme, but never got around to making costumes. Work has been kicking my proverbial ass for past the few weeks and I have to work all weekend on top of the normal bullshit. Then a close friend of ours' father passed away very unexpectedly on Friday, making no one really want to celebrate anything.

But Leighann had bought Landen his flying monkey costume, so we talked ourselves into putting it on him and going over to Mama P.'s house last night (and she promised to feed us). He has a way of cheering everyone up (babies do that anyway and he's the cutest baby ever, so he has superpowers) and I think in the end we were both glad that we went. Plus, Mama P. gave us all her leftover candy (even though it didn't contain any Twi-Chocolate. But she did make an effort to find it, so I guess she's forgiven. Plus she bought us dinner....redeemed!)

P.S. Happy first day of November....19 days til THE BIG DAY! Super-duper extra fluffy woots all around!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love. Validation. Reason for living. Confirmation that I am not, in fact, a lunatic. Ok, that might be stretching it.