Thursday, November 26, 2009

Customary What I'm Thankful For List

It's Thanksgiving and I'm being reflective. I've had a long week and my brain has gone into Manic Meg Mode, which means a lot of crying, only eating Cap'n Crunch, and watching TV on mute. But I really do have a lot to be thankful for and I felt the need to write those things down. So here goes...

I'm thankful for this guy. He's the best thing that's happened to me all year and I love him more than I ever thought I could love another person.



This year I can't say that I'm thankful that everyone in my family is happy, healthy and together, but I can say that I am thankful that we all love each other and that I know everything will be ok once we get past this rough spot.

I'm thankful for my little family. My dogs, Ruca and Turtle, my cats Gracie and Moo, my bird Crackrock, and my horse Jack. They keep me going when I want to just crawl up in a ball and feel sorry for myself.





I'm thankful that I have a job that I enjoy (most of the time!) and that really does make me a better person. In that same vein, I am so thankful for the wonderful friendship that I shared with my colleague Tom. I will miss his humor, his wit, his vast, vast knowledge, his never ending kindness and compassion, and most of all his support. He made me a better historian and a better person and I will be eternally grateful for that. I am going to finish my book for him because I know he would want me to and he would be proud of me.

I am thankful for my best friends Brad and Leighann. They are my family and my support and my life and I really can't imagine what I would do without them. I would be lost.




And of course I am thankful for all of you. This is such a wonderful, supportive, happy community! I have met so many great people and made so many great friends. I know others have talked about how Twilight has brought us together, and it sounds kinda corny (heh...FireCrotch) but it's true. Those silly books got me through a really crappy time in my life and kind of opened up a whole new world for me. I can be having the crappiest day, but then one of you crazy bitches will post something spectacular or say something that makes me snort on Twitter and I'm happy again. And I think that it goes without saying that I'm thankful for VF Rob.

So there you have it. I hope everyone has a wonderful day, even if you're not celebrating Thanksgiving. Did you know that despite popular belief, the first Thanksgiving was really held in Virginia, not up in New England? Trufax. Google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love. Validation. Reason for living. Confirmation that I am not, in fact, a lunatic. Ok, that might be stretching it.