Monday, September 21, 2009

The Computer Illiterate Is Starting a Website...

The first business meeting is Tuesday at the Mexican place "behind Patient First." You know the one I'm talking about?

Now, obviously I'm unconditionally and irrevocably bad with all things computer (see blog). I keep thinking that I'm going to make my blog all cool and flashy, get about 5 minutes into attempting to figure out how, and then give up and go watch Rob videos on YouTube. And now I've decided that my next adventure is going to be attempting to make money with a website. We've even bought a domain name and everything. It has absolutely nothing to do with Twilight *gasp* but if you're interested in a social networking site for horse people who are over the age of 18 (but not in an "adult" way...we just don't want a bunch of teeny-boppers. I deal with enough of them in my other obsessive pursuits) then hit me up. We're looking for like minded people.

Anyway, if you too were computer retarded but now can kind of make things look like you know what you're doing, can you please, please tell me how you learned those things? Do they make a "How to Turn on Your Computer and Do Things With It (that's what she said) For Dummies" book? I'm actually pretty good at reading words printed on pages. And I'm getting better at reading words printed on computer screens (thanks smutty fanfic! three cheers for you!).

My psychic told me that I would start earning extra income by December, so I'm really thinking that this website thing is going to work. That or I'm going to start selling myself on the street corner. She also told me that I'm going to meet my soulmate by Christmas, so I'll let you know when Rob and I announce our engagement. Everyone's invited to the wedding!

Yeah, that's me at work with an astronaut helmet on. Look closely and you can see the poster of Rob taped to my file cabinet.

1 comment:

Leave me some love. Validation. Reason for living. Confirmation that I am not, in fact, a lunatic. Ok, that might be stretching it.