Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ECity Middle Schoolers, Represent!

I was driving to work today and passing by all the kids that I feel like I've come to know who wait patiently every morning for the bus, listening to Miley Cyrus on their iPods, sitting on their tuba cases, sporting skinny jeans and weird snow boots, and I had to stop and give a woot woot fist pump to one chick that's always by herself on the corner.

She's not the prettiest or skinniest girl in school, I'm sure (and I can relate. I fucking hated middle school.) But today, she was sporting something that you just know is going propel her into the upper rings of middle school society. It was THE Edward shirt. You know, the one with his creepy, photoshopped looking face across the whole front? This one:



That was alot of Edward, cause like I said, she weren't wearing no skinny jeans. But you know what, honey? You rock that shit. Team Edward loud and proud! You're not ashamed to go to middle school with his hot (albeit weird in that "picture") face plastered to your chest. Nobody's questioning who's team you're on. All those popular bitches may snicker at you and throw mini corn dogs at you in the cafeteria, but you just ignore them. Because when you grow up and leave this crappy small town, you're gonna be cool. You may even start your own blog where you talk about ridiculous things like shagging Robward in the back of your mom's Volvo or trying to teach your bird to talk like Rob. And you'll meet cool people who have a lot of the same goals and aspirations. And your real -life friends won't laugh at you. They'll indulge you because they love you. Whether it means babysitting so you can go to the mall and make catcalls to PFach or buying frozen Edward's pies because "I knew you would laugh, and honestly, I think you might be rubbing off on me." You'll be golden.



So wear it girl. Wear it proud. Every morning when I pass you on the corner, I'm gonna smile and give you a thumbs up. Team Edward! Woot woot!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is thank god she wasn't wearing a Team Jacob shirt...that would have been a total thumbs down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I might have had to accidentally hit her with my truck if that had been the case. haha. Kidding. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love. Validation. Reason for living. Confirmation that I am not, in fact, a lunatic. Ok, that might be stretching it.